The classic meatballs are usually prepared with meat and other spices, and are added to various dishes such as stews or spaghetti.
Their appeal lies in their ball shape, texture, flavor and juiciness, in addition to their size, since being a bite makes them easy to incorporate into any other dish. Today we share their vegetarian version, so that everyone can enjoy them.
- 500g potatoes
- 500g tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 500g peas
- 200g carrot
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil c / n
- Flour c / n
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
This is how they prepare
- Peel the potatoes, carrots and peas and put them in a pot with plenty of water, salt and a little olive, corn or sunflower oil.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, blend with a little water until the mixture is thick.
- Break the eggs and beat them in a separate bowl.
- Place the vegetable smoothie together with the eggs in another container and mix. If the preparation is very watery, add a little flour or corn starch diluted in water to thicken it.
- Once the dough is firm, form small balls and place them in a pot together with the tomato sauce. The sauce is prepared by blending the peeled onion and garlic clove, the tomatoes and a little water.
- Do not remove from heat until the vegetarian meatballs do not change color. If necessary, add a little water and salt to taste and cook for 10 minutes.
- To serve.
This is an easy and tasty recipe to incorporate into your winter cookbook. They can be prepared in quantity and stored in the freezer.