We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Baked fennels: ideas and recipe for preparing baked fennel in different variations. Fennel are among the foods with the least calories we have, here's how to prepare them in the oven.
Baked fennel with or without bechamel, two easy and light recipes. The ingredients and instructions for preparing baked fennel to be enjoyed without feeling guilty!
Fennels are composed of about 90% water, which is why they are particularly suitable for low-calorie diets; think that 100 grams of fennel bring less than 30 calories. Eating fennel helps the digestive system and thanks to their "belly deflating" effect, herbal remedies are not lacking in natural remedies based on fennel for the infusion and preparation of herbal teas.
Are you used to eating fennel only raw? Well, this is already an excellent habit since they are a healthy snack and help manage hunger. Not only raw, fennel can also be prepared cooked and thanks to this article we will find out how to cook fennel in the oven.
Baked fennel with cheeses
Ingredients for preparing baked fennel
- 3 large fennel.
- 40 grams of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 30 grams of smoked scamorza.
- 1 spring onion.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt pepper q.s.
- Breadcrumbs to taste
- A cup of vegetable broth (or semi-skimmed milk)
Recipe of baked fennel without béchamel, procedure
- Remove the outer part and the leaves from the fennel. Wash them thoroughly to remove any dirt residue.
- Cut the fennel into wedges of about 1 centimeter thick, trying to be as precise as possible in order to obtain, in the next phase, uniform cooking.
- Pour some water into a saucepan. When the water boils, add the chopped fennel and cook for 5-6 minutes so that they soften.
- Finely chop the spring onion and brown it in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Meanwhile, drain the fennel and place them in the pan with the spring onion which will be cooked in the meantime. Proceed with cooking for another 10 minutes, cook so that the fennel wedges become crisp and golden. If the mixture gets too dry, to prevent it from burning, add a drop of water.
- Once cooked, place the fennel in a baking tray covered with parchment paper, add a pinch of pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the panure obtained over the fennel and mix.
- Cut the smoked scamorza cheese into cubes and add to the fennel.
- In the corners of the pan, to prevent them from overcooking, pour the cup of vegetable broth.
- Add another sprinkling of breadcrumbs so that a nice crust is created on the surface
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the baked fennel hot to fully enjoy the melted cheese!
Baked fennel with bechamel (but light)
Baked fennel with light béchamel are a creamier variant of plain baked fennel. The procedure is almost the same, only the light béchamel must be added before cooking in the oven.
Let's find out the ingredients and the procedure to prepare the light béchamel.
Ingredients for the light béchamel
- 350 grams of semi-skimmed milk.
- A teaspoon of cornstarch (cornstarch).
- 30 grams of grated Parmesan.
- 30 grams of grated pecorino.
- Smoked scamorza (optional)
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
How to prepare the light béchamel
- In a saucepan, heat the semi-skimmed milk.
- When the milk is about to boil, add the salt, nutmeg and a teaspoon of cornstarch. Mix vigorously with a whisk, so as not to form lumps.
- As soon as the béchamel has a creamy consistency, turn off the heat and add Parmesan and pecorino.
Procedure for preparing baked fennel with light béchamel
- Clean the fennels, cut them into wedges. Once boiled, as for the recipe for baked fennel without bechamel, leave them to flavor in a pan.
- Arrange the vegetables in a baking dish covered with parchment paper.
- Pour the béchamel, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs over the fennel.
- Add extra virgin olive oil which will enhance the flavor of the bechamel.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes. The baked fennel will be ready when the surface of the dish turns amber.
To transform the recipe into a vegan version, you may be interested in the recipe ofvegetable béchamel.