We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade nougat: the nougat recipe to prepare at home. Soft or hard nougat is the recipe for those who work with thermomix and other food processors.
TheNougatit is, par excellence, the sweet of the holidays! If you are organizing a small party with friends, just a few ingredients will be enough to bring a typical dessert loved by everyone on the table. Here is a quick and easy recipe for making nougat at home.
The recipe for homemade nougat
Thehomemade nougatit can be an excellent gift idea for any holiday, even better for Christmas! To prepare 4nougatabout 250 grams, you will need:
- 1 kg of wildflower honey
- 500 grams of sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 kg of toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 kg of toasted almonds
- 1 lemon
- 3 host sheets for wrapping
To prepare thehard white nougatfollow our instructions:
- Heat the honey and when it starts to boil, add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon. When the two ingredients have blended, turn off the heat.
- In a bowl aside, whip the egg white until stiff and add it to the mixture given by honey and sugar. You have to add the whipped egg white just after turning off the stove. Mix the three ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Put everything back on the fire and caramelize. Then add the almonds, hazelnuts and grated lemon zest. Fairy mix all the ingredients for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a container lined with a food wafer. Let it cool for about 3 hours.
- Cut it into the desired shapes and before consuming it or giving it away, keep it in the fridge for at least 7-8 hours.
Thehard white nougatit must be stored in hermetically sealed containers.
Soft homemade nougat
Soft or hard, classic or covered with chocolate ... almond nougat, with cashews, peanuts, pistachios or dried fruit ... all the variations are appreciated! The Soft nougat it can be loved more by those with sensitive teeth or who don't like having to work too hard with the jaw! Here are the ingredients you will need for the recipe:
- 300 g of toasted almonds
- 500 g of toasted hazelnuts
- 480 g of sugar + 40 grams of powdered sugar
- 320 g of honey
- 40 g of glucose syrup
- 80 g of egg white
- 320 ml of water
- 4 sheets of hosts
- 2 vanilla pods
Here is the procedure for doing thesoft nougat at home
1) Whip the egg white until stiff, while using the electric whisk, gradually add the 40 grams of icing sugar to get a more consistent result.
2) In a saucepan, over low heat, add sugar, water, glucose syrup and flavor with vanilla. Cook until reaching a temperature between 140 and 145 ° C.
3) Aside, heat the honey up to 125 ° C. Pour the honey into the bowl containing the egg whites and continue to use the electric whisk until the two ingredients are completely combined. Add the sugar quickly and slowly at 140 - 145 ° C. Use the electric whisk for another couple of minutes (to mix all the ingredients).
Honey and hot sugar must be added to the egg white simultaneously or at least quickly one after the other!
4) Add the toasted nuts and mix with a wooden spoon.
5) Pour into a mold or container lined with wafer sheets. Cover with another sheet of host and level with your hands until you get a thickness of 2 cm. Cool and leave in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
Homemade nougat with the thermomix
The nougat recipe with the thermomix or with other food processors is prepared even faster. The ingredients, for two nougats of about 240 grams:
- 400 grams of honey
if you have crystallized honey, that's fine, but let it heat up for a few seconds in the microwave (or on the stove) before putting it in the thermomix or food processor.
- 200 grams of toasted nuts
- grated zest of one lemon
- an albumen
Pour in the egg white and using the farfalle, work for 10 seconds at speed 2. Add the honey and lemon zest. Cook for 60 minutes at 100 ° on speed 2. Pour the hazelnuts into the mixture and turn on speed 2 for a few seconds. Also in this case you will have to line a mold with the wafers, pour the mixture and let it solidify.