We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Broken nails remedies: useful tips and home remedies with natural ingredients to strengthen nails and make them stronger and more beautiful.
Certain habits and continuous exposure to chemicals can debilitate our nails to the point of breaking them, making hands uncared for and elegant. Those who suffer from brittle nails may find some tips useful that we will illustrate below.
Generally, nails tend to break because they are fragile; they break at the slightest impact. They are very thin and already break down to a normal activity around the house, such as washing dishes, typing on the computer or even without doing anything in particular.
Brittle nails, causes
It should be noted that the nails do not weaken only due to external factors; there are physiological factors that can compromise the health of our nails. Let's take note.
- Nutrition: if we do not consume sufficient amounts of vitamins A and B, iron, proteins, zinc and calcium, our nails risk becoming ugly and yellowish
- Descaling: if we do not take the right amount of calcium or we suffer from some problem that does not allow the body to retain it
- Diseases: if we suffer from anemia, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, poor circulation and rheumatism ...
- A general malaise: if the body is weakened and its defenses are low
- External aggressions: if they are exposed to chemicals such as bleach, detergents, disinfectants or if they have frequent contact with water such as washing dishes, bathing children, rinsing vegetables.
Other reasons why nails tend to break
- Old age
- Genetic predisposition
- Excessive cold or heat
- Biting your nails
- UV radiation
- Excessive manicure
Broken nails, useful tips
Here are some helpful tips to keep your nails from breaking easily:
Washing the dishes
Wash the dishes with gloves preferably only once a day: detergent and hot water damage hands and nails. You can put a basin and fill it with water and biological detergent, then accumulate the dirty dishes and cutlery. In this way it will be easier to eliminate the remains of food afterwards. Prefer latex gloves, but be careful, put another thin pair of cotton underneath, so as to absorb perspiration and protect your hands.
Get more protein
Both nails and hair are made up of proteins. If there is a lack of protein, it is necessary to resort to repairs, perhaps through meat, leafy vegetables and soy.
Ingest fatty acids
They are also very important for maintaining healthy and strong nails. They are found in eggs, whole milk, nuts, all types of vegetables, butter and linseed oil.
Trim them as soon as your nails break
If your nails break frequently, the best thing to do is to cut them as close to your finger as possible and do it as they break so they don't keep breaking. You can file them or put a band-aid.
Beware of manicure
Do not scrape your nails when removing the nail polish as this will weaken the top layer. Limit the use of acetone, use a little and at most once a week, because otherwise the nails become dry. Avoid using hardeners or false nails, they only serve to hide the underlying problem. In fact, when you stop using them, your nails will be as fragile as before or worse.
Just resorting to nails to ...
Don't open cans with your fingernails, don't remove labels, for example. This weakens them a lot, making them break more easily.
How to strengthen nails with natural remedies
There are several home remedies to strengthen nails. The most common and effective are mixtures based on:
- The juice of one lemon with a teaspoon of sugar
- Apple cider vinegar and warm water in equal parts
- One tablespoon of castor oil, one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of wheat germ oil
- Crushed raw garlic with a teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sodium icarbonate in 100 ml of water
- 100 grams of papaya pulp, egg white and a teaspoon of almond oil
Choose one of these remedies to solve your problem: just apply the mixture on the nails, leave it on for a few minutes then rinse with warm water.