We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
DIY probiotic drinks: here are some recipes to prepare delicious drinks useful for promoting intestinal regularity, strengthening the immune system and normalizing digestive processes.
The term "probiotic" derives from the Latin particle pro, in favor of, and from the Greek adjective biotikos, from bios, life, or "in favor of life". Specifically, probiotic drinks
they are food supplements consisting of live microorganisms favorable to humans that have the function of rebalancing the intestinal bacterial flora. The microorganisms recognized as probiotics for humans mostly belong to the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium genera.
For some time now there have been probiotic drinks in the milk sector and lately probiotic drinks based on fruit juices or fruit and milk (the classic smoothies) are also starting to be offered.
Intestinal bacteria constitute a protective barrier for pathogens: toxins, germs, parasites. Many situations and sometimes wrong lifestyles (stress, wrong diet, use of drugs), can damage our bacterial flora, weakening it.
In these cases, probiotics play a vital role, since they help improve the functionality of the colon, produce useful vitamins and defend the intestinal mucosa from pathogenic bacteria, preventing their proliferation. Probiotics not only affect the intestine, they also provide beneficial effects on the immune system.
Probiotics are undoubtedly the first choice to promote intestinal regularity, strengthen the immune system and normalize digestive processes. In addition to the ready-to-drink preparations available on the market, we can take probiotic drinks to be prepared at home; it is enough to follow some simple operations that mainly concern fermentation.
Probably the best known of the probiotic drinks, kefir is obtained by fermenting the grains in water or cow or vegetable milk. Kefir grains are live organisms and are readily available at organic shops.
At the time of purchase, it is essential to make sure that they are not exposed to too high or too low temperatures as they could easily die and therefore no longer be usable.
Many sellers offer the purchase of live cultures but since we do not know how shipments are handled, it is better to focus on dehydrated products to be activated at home. From this point of view I point out theKefir company bio starter culture.
The product is offered on Amazon at a price of € 19.95 with free shipping costs and contains several bags of dehydrated enzymes ready to resume their activity once they come into contact with water or milk.This drink is particularly suitable for those who suffer intestinal irregularity and suffer from indigestion. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic.
The preparation of kefir is extremely simple
- Pour 2 tablespoons of kefir granules into a glass jar: the amount of granules used initially strongly affects the flavor of the drink, with experience you can make changes according to your tastes.
- Add 700 ml of cow's milk to the jar. Be careful not to fill the jar to the brim as fermentation requires oxygen. Leave 1/3 of the jar free.
- Cover the jar and store it at room temperature. Low temperatures prevent fermentation while excessively high temperatures kill microorganisms.
- Let the mixture ferment for 8 hours. By preparing the kefir in the evening, it will be possible to drink the resulting drink the next morning. The longer the fermentation time, the more acidic and dense the kefir obtained will be. If you don't like a too sour taste, you can devote just 5 hours to fermentation. Water or coconut milk kefir will need to ferment for over 8 hours.
- Filter the kefir with a very tight mesh strainer
After filtration, the kefir will be ready to drink or to be used for other recipes that require "kefir yogurt“.
What we need
- 2 organic apples
- A handful of blueberries and raspberries
- A spoonful of grated ginger
- Sterilized jar
How to proceed
- Clean the apples then cut them into slices
- Place the apple slices in the bottom of the jar then add the blueberries and raspberries
- Sprinkle the ginger over the fruit then add some whey, fill the rest of the jar with water
- Cover the jar, all the fruits must be completely submerged in the liquid
- Store for three days at room temperature. At this point, the fermentation of the whey starts and the bacteria begin to multiply
- After 3 days, strain and refrigerate.
Useful recommendations: the whey must be obtained by natural method acidification from unpasteurized raw milk. Do not use other milk substitutes.
Given the high health benefit, probiotic drinks are ideal and recommended even for those who do not suffer from particular ailments.