We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Remedies for calluses: here is a really effective remedy made only of natural ingredients easily available in the pantry against calluses of the feet. As the days go by they will disappear and the skin will be softer.
Unlike warts and fungi, calluses on the feet are not considered real diseases since they do not directly compromise our health. They are hyperkeratosis, i.e. skin thickening caused by excessive compression or rubbing of the skin. In addition to being uncomfortable and unsightly, calluses cause pain when walking and are unsightly. They generally form on the sole of the foot and on the lower part of the big toe. In many cases, the skin cracks causing pain and possibly causing infection.
Remedies for calluses, the ingredients
Thankfully, mother nature offers viable options against calluses. Thanks to the beneficial properties of some ingredients readily available at home we can soften the skin by counteracting the problem significantly. On this page we will show you some remedies against calluses with two ingredients that you surely have at home; this is the case with onions and white vinegar. Take note!
The two ingredients have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, properties necessary to restore skin health. The active compounds present in these two ingredients are able to nourish damaged skin, facilitating the elimination of accumulated dead cells. They have a protective effect against fungi and bacteria, so as to avoid the formation of infections and more serious problems.
Benefits of onion
Onion is a vegetable rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substances; when applied directly, it helps soften the skin of the feet. It does not have a pleasant smell, but the antibacterial and antifungal action make this vegetable a valid option against calluses on the feet. Furthermore, thanks to the presence of vitamin C, potassium and magnesium, onion offers other interesting benefits for the health of the skin.
Benefits of white vinegar
White vinegar is a very popular food and is also appreciated in the domestic field for its antibacterial properties in cleaning and hygiene of the house. Not everyone knows that vinegar is a valid natural remedy for treating skin problems. Its moisturizing action helps to remove calluses and to regulate the pH of the skin, thus avoiding the formation of cracks or fungal infections.
Remedies for calluses, instructions
This simple natural remedy is a valid alternative to classic over-the-counter products perfect for eliminating calluses or blisters that form on the feet without unwanted effects.
What we need
- 1 onion
- 250 ml of white vinegar
- Container with hermetically sealed cap
- Kitchen film
How to proceed
- Wash the onion thoroughly
- Cut the vegetable into small pieces and pour into the glass bowl
- At this point, add the white vinegar and close the container.
- Keep the container in a dark and cool place and let it rest overnight
- The following day it will be possible to proceed with the application
- After the necessary time, moisten a cotton ball with this preparation and rub on the area of the foot affected by the callus
- Fix the product with the help of kitchen wrap and leave to act for about 5 hours
Remedies for calluses, useful recommendations
- Apply the mixture in the evening before going to bed
- Repeat the treatment until the calluses are completely eliminated
- Complete the treatment with the daily use of a moisturizer and exfoliating products
- You can also rub your feet with pumice stone to accelerate the elimination of dry and dead skin.
- Although the effects are not immediate, the skin will feel softer as the days go by
- Do not use this remedy if you have chapped skin, as it may irritate it. In this case, it is preferable to consult your doctor for more adequate treatment.
You might also be interested in
- Pumice stone: where to buy and price
- Hallux varus iatronic